Relationships & Interpersonal Violence
Interpersonal relationships, like professional, romantic and platonic relationships all have major impacts on lives.
If you’re looking to learn new skills on how to develop healthy relationships in your life or how to recognize the signs of an unhealthy relationship we can help! If you or someone you love is struggling with interpersonal violence or sexual violence visit SAFE at VT.
Confidential Resources (Will not share, nor be asked to share, identifying information about you or the conversations that take place without your consent. Exceptions can only be made in response to court orders, when child or elder abuse is involved, or if there are serious threats to hurt oneself or others.)
- Gender-based Violence Support and Advocacy - Women's Center at Virginia Tech
- Off-campus support and advocacy resources - Women’s Resource Center of NRV (Not VT affiliated)
- Counselors, Psychiatric Care, 24 hour Crisis Support - Cook Counseling Center
- Confidential Conflict Support for Undergraduate Students - VT Ombudsperson
- Confidential Conflict Support for Graduate Students - VT Ombudsperson
- Confidential 24 hour Counseling Support - TimelyCare (Not VT affiliated)
Private Resources (Are required to report some information about incidences to the Virginia Tech Title IX Coordinator. Other university departments may also be involved to help survivors or protect the campus community.)
- For undergraduate and graduate students. Coordinates responses to all reports of sex discrimination. - Title IV (Reporting Form)
- Addresses student conduct and resolves interpersonal, organizational, and community conflicts. - Office of Student Conduct
- Works with and advocates for students - Dean of Students
- Relationship and Gender-based Violence Programming - Women’s Center at Virginia Tech (open to all identities)
- Sexual Violence and Interpersonal Violence Prevention - Hokie Wellness
- Building Active Intervention Skills - Hokie Wellness
- Sexual Assault and Violence Education by Student Team - Trained peer team for healthy relationships, consent, sexual assault, etc.
- Stakeholder Model - Customize SVP and active intervention trainings for your community.