Taking care of yourself takes time, but it is the main way that you can become and stay mentally healthy. Almost everything we do has some impact on our mental health – good or bad – so make sure to find ways to add more of the good into your routine.
- In addition to all of their workshops, Hokie Wellness provides a number of other resources for students, faculty, and staff to stay on top of their mental health. With everything from learning how to sleep better to mindfulness practices, there’s something for you at Hokie Wellness.
- One of the keys to positive mental health is physical exercise. Check out Rec Sports for the latest offerings, whether for individual exercise or group classes.
Cook Counseling Center
- Even if you’re not in need of one-on-one counseling from Cook, they have several different programs and groups that can help students continue to stay mentally healthy.
Mental well-being “Boost your resilience” course
- This course will provide you with the strategies needed to thrive in environments of adversity and change.
Mindfulness course for beginners
- This course will help you improve your mental and physical health, manage stress and the symptoms of anxiety and depression, and improve your concentration and energy levels.