Asking for help can sometimes be difficult, but we have a number of different resources and services to support you. Whether you are looking for one-on-one counseling or just want to try a few things on your own, there is help to be found.
Cook Counseling Center
- Our counseling center has a number of counselors to provide one-on-one counseling services, as well as group therapy. In addition, we have psychiatric care and 24-hour crisis support available at Cook.
Women’s Center at Virginia Tech
- Our women’s center provides support and advocacy to those experiencing gender-based violence.
Recovery Community at Virginia Tech
- Our Recovery Community has weekly group meetings and provides social support for students in recovery from substance use.
- The NAMI HelpLine can try to answer your questions, offer support, and provide practical next steps to someone who is experiencing mental health issues.
Mental Health America online screening tools
- Use one of the screening tools to learn more about whether you might be experiencing issues with your mental health, then get directions on next steps and additional resources.
Raft Crisis Hotline
- The Raft Crisis Hotline from New River Valley Community Services provides suicide and crisis intervention, empathy and support, and mental health and substance abuse information and referrals for this region.